Makes 4 pancakes
• 300 g flour
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 4 eggs
• 500ml milk
• 12 rashers of TULIP bacon, approx.
• Any fruit you like, such as apple and kiwi
- THE BATTER: Put the flour into a large bowl and make a hole in the centre. Add the salt, eggs and milk in the hole of the flour and whisk to form a soft batter. Pour the batter into a jug with a spout.
- BACON: Fry the bacon rashers in a small amount of oil in a very hot pan, until they are crisp
- and golden. Separate the frying fat into a bowl. Dry the rashers on a piece of kitchen roll.
- PANCAKES: Pour 1 tsp. bacon fat into the pan per pancake. Turn the pan to distribute the fat
- evenly. Gradually pour the batter onto the pan (approx. 200 ml. batter) and turn the pan
- to evenly distribute the batter evenly.
- Break the bacon rashers into smaller chunks and sprinkle them over the batter. Fry the pancakes. Start by lifting them around the edges until they are ready to be flipped. Tip! Let the pancake glide over/lift it onto a plate. Turn the pan over, hold the plate with the pancake underneath it, and turn and flip the pancake back onto the pan. Finish frying the pancake.
- TO SERVE: Serve the pancake with pieces of fruit or vegetables as desired.