• 18 rashers of TULIP bacon, approx.
• 6 eggs
• 1 1/2 tbsp potato flour
• 150 ml full fat milk
• freshly ground pepper
• fresh chives
• toasted rye (or any choice of bread)
- BACON: Fry the bacon rashers in a small amount of oil in a very hot pan, until they are crisp and golden. Dry the rashers on a piece of kitchen roll. Separate the frying fat into a bowl. Dry the pan with a piece of kitchen roll.
- EGG MASS: Whisk the egg, potato flour and milk together in a bowl with the salt and freshly ground pepper.
- OMELETTE: Pour 1 tbsp. bacon fat into a hot pan. Add the egg mixture. Reduce the heat and fry the omelette until almost hard (prick the mixture occasionally with a fork to see if it has hardened).
- Remove the omelette from the heat and let it harden.
- TO SERVE: Garnish the omelette with crispy fried bacon rashers and use a pair of scissors to cut the fresh chives. Serve with toasted rye.